Today our group discussed the music we would use for our film. Our film had a very specific feeling I wanted, and I’m counting on the music to do that. Another member of the group picked certain songs and made a playlist. Upon listening to the playlist, I did not feel that I could add any songs. The main thing I’m concerned about is copyright and how to contact the production companies or artists. I’ve heard that they can take months to reply, which makes me concerned. We have time for this project, but these months could go by quickly. I’m just hoping this group concurs on a song quickly. The songs on the playlist seem to be mostly r&b and hip-hop, featuring artists such as H.E.R., Kendrick Lamar, and Meek Mills. I’m not aware of these artists’ works, but they seem interesting and based on the titles they should fit the genre. After giving the songs a listen, I have some ideas in mind. The tone of certain songs does not match the feeling, while others seem to match the ...
We finally got to film! So today, we met up at Easterlin Park and started to scope out what we needed to do before we filmed all of our scenes with Chico. Chico is actually the name of Naliah’s chihuahua, which I did not know. I genuinely thought that was just a stereotypical chihuahua name that she just made up. But, my cluelessness aside, Chico was actually very cooperative, but I’ll focus on that later. The first thing I want to focus on is how well Easterlin fits the vibe of our film. Not only does Easterlin have spots with the road being visible, it also has a lot of open forest. There are some paths, but it’s mostly just dark wooded areas, which fits perfectly for the nighttime scenes. Naliah told me more about the park and gave me a tour, so we could get our bearings and think about where we would film what scenes. We decided to stick to the spots that were lighter at first, then switch to the spots that were darker for the later scenes. Thinking back, I’m not sure i...
So, I made the additional changes to the film, according to my friends' suggestions. As I said before, I was feeling a little reluctant about making them. One part of me was feeling slightly demotivated, while the other part of me figured I had done my best with the editing. Still I knew that it would be best to get an outside perspective. The first change was the quickest fix. One friend of mine suggested that the music should start at a different section, specifically earlier. Shifting the audio track did not take long and it added something to the film. By having the film start at the point right before the murder happens, it adds an element of foreshadowing. I think if this were a real movie that having the music start where it did would be very impactful. I'm very grateful that she made this suggestion, despite my reluctance. The second change was fixing the editing from shot to shot. Collectively, they found some of the editing choppy and awkward. I was a bit confused ...
Comments
Post a Comment