Production Blog: I Can't Do Everything By Myself...

 I don't know why I have this tendency to act like I need to do every single thing for a group project, but of course, here I am. As I have made clear, I am a very busy student. I think I was a little too ambitious with my workload, but I've made it this far and have learned my lesson. Putting my workload aside, I realized that it wouldn't make sense for me to do everything for this project by myself and that I honestly wasn't supposed to. Now, I understood it rationally and knew that Naliah would be there to help me, but for some reason I just kept acting like I needed to do everything. I realized this today and realized that I desperately needed to remedy this issue. 

I figured a simple delegation of tasks would cure this. I realized that I wasn't sure where to go with the sound effects for this project, nor the social medias. Even though I am a teenager and therefore should be on Twitter and Instagram 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, I actually don't have social media and like it that way. While having a social media for a school project is entirely different, I just felt more comfortable having Naliah do it. However, what I can do is design things fairly well. That's why I'm going to be doing the more visual aspects of this project, like the postcard, the website and editing the film without handling sound effects. I was the editor for AS Level and I know I can deliver the same level of work here(maybe even better)! 

I think now would be a good time to go through the process of creating a website, the profile pictures, and the banner for YouTube channel. So, I've mentioned Canva before as a really helpful tool for students who need to create posters, presentations or anything else visual and as a fun way for me to create collages. It should come as no suprise that I used Canva to make the banner and profile picture. At first the banner was just the movie title "Chico's Revenge" in a fitting font on a black backround, but that felt boring. I decided to look at the examples our teachers provided for social medias and realized that banners usually have way more than that. I saw a couple of main characters in the background as well as "Coming 20XX" subtitles. I decided to use my scared facial expression from one scene and Chico staring at the camera as the background and added "Coming 2023" as a subtitle. I felt a lot better about the banner. The profile picture was simpler, just the movie name in a similar font as the one on the banner. 

The website was an entirely different proceess though. Firstly, I had to sign in on wix.com and go through a lot of hoops to just get to the website. I realize that wix is meant to be for business owners and that the website should fit the business, but it felt that I was just hitting buttons that described what I was doing before actually getting to create the website. The interface for choosing a website was very intuitive and I'm still in the process of linking and adding more things to the website, but I'm overall quite happy with where I'm at right now. I'm also really glad that I asked for help and caught myself before I ended up overwhelming myself. 

Pictured-  A Wix.com advertisment 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review: What Do My Friends Think?

Editing Blog: Learning Curves and Obstacles

Filming Blog: Final Shots