(Re)-Filming Blog: Thanks Mom!

So, I needed to refilm a shot. Here's how I came to realize that. I was just wrapping up editing and trying to get through some final touches like I mentioned last blog, but I then too a closer look at the shot of the dog trainer looking at an email. Apparently I caught too much in the shot and it just didn't look right. I wanted the audience to get the impression that this dog trainer was big and important in her community and it just wasn't coming across. So I decided that I needed to re-film it and this time, make it better. 

First things first, handling what was bothering me. I decided that my room looked too much like an actual room and decided to switch things around. I took some non-fiction books from my makeshift shelf and placed them on my desk, making the desk area feel like a study of sorts. I then needed to remove some scrap sheets of paper, water bottles, and other items from the desk to make it seem more professional. I then added my iPad and had it opened, with a screensaver of the time displayed. I did need to edit the time to make it seem like it was the late night and that this dog trainer was getting an emergency email, but other than that, everything seemed okay. 

Second things second, getting someone to film for me. I don't have a tripod handy, but I do have a loving family. So, I thought for a moment and figured that my mom wouldn't mind taking five minutes to film me. As for my other family members, my father and sister aren't available during the day, so my mom was the only person available. After instructing her, I got into position and began to act, which really involved just sitting down in my chair, pulling up the email, and saying something along the lines of "It's late, but I'll never turn down a family. Dogs and families need each other." Then, I would grab my tote and head out to the woods, in search of Chico, not knowing about the danger that awaits me. 

I then took the phone from my mom and checked the shots. I was honestly pleasantly suprised, they came out good! Not saying that my mom couldn't be good at videography, but she probably has never done something like this before. Needless to say, I'm very proud and very grateful. I then needed to go through my process of transferring files from my phone to my computer. I'm not sure how other people do it or why I haven't detailed the exact process I use, but I'll explain it right now. I have WhatsApp on my computer and my phone, so I just need to send Naliah the videos that we filmed and save them on my computer through WhatsApp. I send them to Naliah because she understands why I do this and doesn't mind, if I sent these videos to anyone else it would likely need an explanation, which would just be awkward. 
Overall, I'm glad I caught how this shot was lacking ahead of time. 
Pictured- 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review: What Do My Friends Think?

Editing Blog: Learning Curves and Obstacles

Filming Blog: Final Shots