Editing Blog: Resolving the Issue and(Some) Final Touches!

So, last time I was here, I mentioned the fact that there was a pretty big issue when it came to my editing software, or just my computer in general. Apparently, I can't view the videos I edit after I export them and save them to my computer. The stated error message was "file type unsupported." So, cut to me, having a mild breakdown over this issue, when I finally decide to calm down and just Google it. In my personal opinion(even though it's clearly the truth), Google and YouTube hold every single piece of knowledge that humanity has discovered, making them great resources. So, I decide to Google this error code and see what I should do about it. 

I was confronted with the fact that I  would need to download some software and tweak some aspects of my computer using the control panel. Now I am no computer scientist(even though I do need some coding under my belt), but I figured that the process wouldn't be too difficult. Of course, fate hates me, and I think I spend almost an hour looking for the right software package and then trying to find the correct folder of my computer's interal coding. At this point, I was wanting to just focus on the website as I rembered how I wanted to keep adding images and interesting fonts, but then I thought about the fact that it's called a "short film" package. So, since there's no short film package without a short film, I decided to do further research into what I was actually doing. Long story short, I fixed the issue and was finally able to do a test watch of the film. 

Honestly, I think I shocked myself, because I really liked it! I was afraid of the film feeling cheesy or just plain unprofessional, but my fears went away once I watched this film. However, there were some things that needed retouching. Some transitions were messy, the soundtrack needed to be added in and sound effects needed to be as well. However, I was still throughouly impressed. Maybe all that struggling with my computer was actually worth it? Hopefully.  

After getting through some of my final touches, I decided to take time to focus more on the short film package. I wanted the YouTube page to have some teasers and the other social medias to have some cool behind the scenes shots. I wanted someone to look at these pages and feel interested in what the film would entail and become invested into what we planned to do as a film crew. I hppe the videos I made and uploaded actually get that across. I'm honestly thinking of having a couple of other people skim the social medias and website and make sure they're okay. The postcard is the one piece I'm not too worried about, since I know how to make some fairly good posters using Canva. It's a poweful image making tool(not sponsored!) and I use it recreationally too! Overall, I'm excited that this film is shaping up to be a good one! 

Pictured- A computer interface similar to the one I had to navigate 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Review: What Do My Friends Think?

Editing Blog: Learning Curves and Obstacles

Filming Blog: Final Shots